Dr. Hemant Vadeyar Consultant General, Gastrointestinal,
Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary (HPB) & Liver Transplant Surgeon,
Specialist Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgeon
Dr Hemant Vadeyar is a Consultant General, Gastrointestinal, Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary (HPB) & Liver Transplant Surgeon and is a Specialist Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgeon.
He has more than 30 years of experience as a Surgeon and has worked in the UK, India & Germany.
He has been performing hernia surgeries regularly since 1987. He is an expert in Open, Laparoscopic and Robotic Hernia repair. Over the past 35 years, he has performed over 3000 hernia repairs initially starting with open repair, moving on to laparoscopic repair in 2001 and then robotic hernia repair since 2017.
He has extensive experience in performing these repairs for all the different types of hernia including Inguinal Hernia, Femoral hernia, Incisional Hernia, Umbilical Hernia and Hiatal Hernia.
He is also experienced in surgeries for stomach, colorectal, liver, gallbladder, pancreas & biliary tract cancer.
He is one of only a few surgeons in the UAE with a special interest and experience in performing complex surgeries of the Liver & Pancreas for cancers as well as non cancerous conditions.
Dr Hemant Vadeyar is a very accomplished minimally invasive surgeon (Keyhole surgery) with many years of experience in laparoscopic General, Gastrointestinal and HPB Surgery.
He is also an accredited Robotic Surgeon and has performed many major and complex GI & HPB surgeries using the Da Vinci Robot including surgeries for cancers of the stomach, colon, liver and pancreas, in addition to hernia surgeries and gallbladder surgeries.
Medical School & Fellowships
- MBBS - Topiwala National Medical College and BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai
- MS - General Surgery - Topiwala National Medical College and BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai
- FRCS - General Surgery - Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK, 2000
- Fellowship - HPB Surgery – Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK, 1996
- Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK
- Indian Society of Surgery
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- International Liver Transplant Society
For more information please visit www.theliversurgeon.com